Parent’s Code of Conduct
- I will complete and return medical information as requested by Saffron Seals and provide details of any health conditions/concerns relevant to my child. I will report any changes in the state of my child’s health to the coach prior to training sessions or events.
- I will ensure that the organisation has up-to-date contact details for me and for any alternative person(s) as required.
- I will deliver and collect my child punctually to and from training sessions/events. I will inform a member of the committee or coaching staff if there is an unavoidable problem.
- If the coach changes my child’s lane and/or changing times, I will remember that the change is to provide appropriate levels of training and to enable my child to progress, and I should therefore support and encourage this at all times.
- I will ensure my child is properly and adequately attired for the training session/ events including all mandatory equipment, e.g. hats, goggles, kickboard, pull buoys, water, inhalers, etc.
- I will inform the coach before a session if my child is to be collected early from a training session/event and if so, by whom.
- I will encourage my child to obey the rules and teach them that they can only do their best.
- I will behave responsibly as a spectator during training/events and treat members, coaches, committee members and other parents of members of both Saffron Seals and any other organisation with respect.
- I will encourage my child to follow any nutrition and hydration advice given by the coach.
- I will support the coach and committee appropriately and raise any concerns I may have in an appropriate manner to the Child Welfare Officer.
- I will not enter poolside unless requested to do so or in an emergency.
- If I wish to have a discussion with the coach, I will arrange an appropriate time to do so.
- Most of all, I will help my child to enjoy the sport and to achieve to the best of their ability.
Saffron Seals will
- Inform you at once if your child becomes ill and will ensure their wellbeing until you are able to collect him/her.
- Ensure good child safeguarding guidelines are followed at all times to keep your child safe.
- Ensure all activities are properly supervised/taught/coached and that consent is obtained for any activity outside of that previously agreed.
You have a right to
- Make a complaint if you feel Saffron Seals or a member of the club is not acting appropriately or in accordance with Swim England or Saffron Seals’ rules and regulations. Details of how to do this can be obtained from the Child Welfare Officer.
- Make a complaint on behalf of your child to the Swim England Office of Judicial Administration.