The following is the progression from one training group to the next. Also given are the sessions available to each group.
Red and White
- These are the training groups for the committed swimmer who is focused on achieving County, Regional and National qualifying times. They are split on age, ability, commitment and attitude.
- Swimmers are expected to train as much as possible and to continually achieve at least two County qualifying times (CQT).
- Swimmers are expected to attend all eligible open meets and to participate in EML and ESL galas.
- All swimmers must know their PB and threshold times.
- This is the group for swimmers who are not able to commit the time require for the Red and White training groups but who have progressed from the Black group.
- Blue Senior swimmers will be efficient in at least three strokes, generally proficient at competitive starts and turns and be capable of assessing their own training and development needs. Swimmers should be able to train at a similar level to the Red and White training groups and should know their PB and threshold times.
- Blue Junior swimmers will still need some technical and fitness development before they are able to assess their own training needs and they may progress into either the White or Blue Senior training groups.
- Swimmers are encouraged to attend open meets and may be selected for EML/ESL fixtures.
- This is the entry level for all members. It is here that swimmers learn how to train, improve stroke techniques, and gain the skills required for competition swimming.
- To progress from this training group swimmers need to be assessed as competent at all strokes, starts and turns, and to have achieved a minimum level of fitness.
- Swimmers are encouraged to attend ‘selected’ open meets, and may be selected for EML fixtures.
- For swimmers aged 21 years and over, who wish to train for continued fitness and a love of swimming.
- Swimmers may wish to enter open meets and make themselves available for selection to EML and ESL fixtures.