Swimmer’s Code of Conduct
- I will treat all members of, and persons associated with, Saffron Seals with respect.
- I will treat everyone equally and never discriminate against another person associated with the Saffron Seals on any grounds including that of age, sexual orientation, gender, faith, ethnic origin or nationality.
- I understand that the use of inappropriate or abusive language, bullying, harassment, or physical violence will not be tolerated and could result in action being taken through the disciplinary or child welfare policies.
- I will display a high standard of behaviour at all times.
- I will always report any poor behaviour by others to a Committee member or Coach.
- I will recognise and celebrate the good performance and success of fellow club members.
- I will respect the privacy of others, especially in the use of changing facilities.
- I will treat my coach and fellow members with respect.
- I will make my coach aware if I have difficulties in attending training sessions and understand that if these difficulties persist, they may impact the training group I am placed in.
- I will arrive poolside 15 minutes before the training session starts to complete poolside warm up.
- I understand that if I arrive late, I must report to my coach before entering the pool.
- I will ensure that I have all my equipment with me, e.g. paddles, pull buoys, kick boards, hats, goggles, etc.
- If I need to leave the pool for any reason during training, I will inform my coach before doing so, and aim to do so between training sets.
- I will listen to what my coach is telling me at all times and immediately follow instructions given.
- I will always swim to the wall as I would do in a race, and I will practice turns as instructed.
- I will not stop and stand in the lane or obstruct others from completing their training as this is both dangerous and unfair to my fellow swimmers.
- I will not pull on the ropes as this may injure other members.
- I will not skip lengths or sets without the express permission of the coach.
- I will think about what I am doing during training, and if I have any problems I will discuss them with my coach at an appropriate time.
- If I have any problems with the behaviour of fellow members, I will report them at the time to an appropriate adult.
Competitions (includes open meets, county / regional championships, Essex league and Club fixtures)
- I will behave in a manner that shows respect to my coach, my teammates, the event officials, and the members of all competing organisations.
- I understand that I must wear appropriate swimwear, tracksuits, T-shirts/shorts and hats as per the rules laid down by the host organisation.
- I will report to my coach and/or team manager on arrival on poolside and will never leave until either the event is complete or I have the explicit agreement of the coach or team manager.
- I will warm up before the event as directed by the coach in charge on that day and ensure I fully prepare myself for the race. I will swim down after the race if possible, as advised by my coach.
- If I have to leave poolside for any reason, I will inform, and in some cases, get the consent of the team manager/coach before doing so.